Learn how to configure a host header in order to add additional websites to a server with Windows Server 2016. This process allows you to host multiple websites with unique domain names on the same server and IP address.
- A Cloud Server with Windows Server 2016.
- A registered domain name which is pointing to the server's IP address.
For step-by-step instructions on connecting to Windows Server 2016, see our article Log In to a Cloud Server Running Windows 2016 with Remote Desktop.
Configure a Host Header
Use Remote Desktop to connect to the server. On the Server Manager Dashboard, click Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
In the Connections pane, click to expand the server entry, then right-click Sites.
Click Add Website...
Fill out the following information:
- Site name: A title for the site (like
- Physical Path: Click
...and choose the directory where the site's files will be stored.
- IP Address: Click the drop-down menu and select the server's IP address.
- Host name: Enter the domain name for the site (like
Click OK to add the site.
The website will be added, and you will be able to view the website's files in a browser. To learn how to upload files with Remote Desktop, see our article Upload a Website to a Cloud Server with Windows 2016.