You can share your files or folders with others who don't even have HiDrive access. You simply have to send an email with a sharing link and password. In this article, we'll show you how to do it.
To make files and folders available for download via email, you must first release them to be shared. Sharing with others is not possible without approval. The release link required for sharing via email only allows password-protected downloading of the released file or folder. You can also define the validity of the release link and the maximum number of file downloads. As soon as the maximum is reached, the release link becomes invalid and can no longer be used.
- Log in to HiDrive.
- Click on MY HIDRIVE.
- Select My Files.
- Mark the file or folder with a check mark that you want to share - a share link will be created automatically.
- Optionally, you can enter a password under Settings, set the validity of the link in days and the maximum number of downloads. If you do not enter any information here, the share link without password is valid indefinitely until you delete the link.
- Enter the recipient's email address and, if applicable, a message under Send link by email.
- Send the link by clicking on Send
- If you prefer to send the link via your own email program, you can also just copy and paste it.
You have successfully shared the selected files or folders with another person.