In this article, we'll show you how you can use your Android device to access the files in encrypted HiDrive folders on your Windows PC.
- The key has already been created on a Windows PC.
- You have the HiDrive app for Android.
To display an encrypted folder on your Android device, it is important that you import the key created on your Windows PC into the HiDrive app for Android on your smartphone or tablet. This is done using a QR code that the HiDrive software makes available on your Windows PC.
Steps on the Windows Computer
- Open the HiDrive program on your Windows PC.
- Select the Settings entry.
- Click the Encryption tab.
- Now click on the entry Show key as QR code.
- The QR code is displayed in a new window. It contains all necessary data of your key.
Steps on the Android Device
- Start the HiDrive app on your Android device.
- Click Settings.
- Choose Security.
- Tap on the Encryption tab.
- In the new window, choose the Import Key link.
- Use your Android device to scan the QR code from the screen of your Windows PC. You do not need any separate software. The QR code is read directly by the HiDrive app.
- Enter the password that you assigned when you created your key on the Windows PC.
- Tap OK.
You have now successfully set up access to HiDrive encrypted folders from your Android device.