You can use your iOS device to access the files in encrypted HiDrive folders located on your Windows PC. In this article, we show you how to set up access from your iOS device.
- The key has already been created on a Windows PC.
- You have the HiDrive app for iOS.
To view an encrypted folder on your iOS device, it is important to import the key created on your Windows PC into the HiDrive app for iOS on your smartphone or tablet. This is done using a QR code that the HiDrive software makes available on your Windows PC.
Steps on Your Windows Computer
- Open the HiDrive program on the Windows computer.
- Select the Settings entry.
- Click the Encryption tab.
- Now click on the entry Show key as QR code.
- The QR code is displayed in a new window. It contains all necessary data of your key.
Steps on your iOS Device
- Start the HiDrive mobile app on your iOS device.
- Click Settings.
- Select the Encryption menu item.
- In the new window, choose the Import Key link.
- Use your iOS device to scan the QR code from the screen of your Windows PC. You do not need any separate software. The QR code is read by the HiDrive app.
- Enter the password that you assigned when creating your key on the Windows PC.
- Tap Return.
After successful key import, you will find your encrypted folder in plain text under the path you selected for the attachment. The open lock icon below the folder name shows you that this is an encrypted folder to which you have access.
You have now set up HiDrive encryped folder access on your iOS device.