With rsync, you can synchronize the content of a local folder with your HiDrive folder. Rsync detects partial changes of your files and in this case only transfers those incremental changes, saving time in the process. If the connection is interrupted, file transfer will start at the last position before the interruption occurred.
- HiDrive Pro package or other HiDrive package in combination with the Professional Protocols add-on
- Administrator permissions in HiDrive or administrator privileges granted by another HiDrive administrator
To activate rsync in your HiDrive account, proceed as follows:
- If not already done, log in to your HiDrive account.
- In the menu bar, select Settings > Account > Access Rights and Protocols.
- Click on the pen icon.
- Activate the rsync checkbox.
- Complete your changes by clicking on Save.
To use rsync with HiDrive, change into a program supporting rsync connections.
Please use the following data for configuration purposes and replace %username% with your HiDrive user name.
|User Name||Your HiDrive user name (all lower-case)|
|Password||Your HiDrive password|
|Server||rsync -rltDv . rsync://%email@example.com/root/users/%username%/|
rsync -rltDv -e ssh . |
%firstname.lastname@example.org:/users/%username%/ rsync -rltDv . %email@example.com:/users/%username%/