SCP is a network protocol describing data transfer between different systems. Authentication between user and server and the file transfer itself are made secure using a secure key system based on the principles of cryptography.
- HiDrive Pro package or other HiDrive package in combination with the Professional Protocols add-on
- Administrator permissions in HiDrive or administrator privileges granted by another HiDrive administrator
To activate SCP in your HiDrive account, proceed as follows:
- If not already done, log in to your HiDrive account.
- In the menu bar, select Settings > Account > Access Rights and Protocols.
- Click on the pen icon.
- Activate the SCP checkbox.
- Complete your changes by clicking on Save.
To use SCP in HiDrive, change into a program supporting SCP connections. Please use the following data for configuration purposes:
|User Name||Your HiDrive user name (all lower-case)|
|Password||Your HiDrive password|