For Microsoft Outlook 2007
How to set up a POP3 account in Microsoft Outlook 2007:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
- From the top menu bar, click Tools > Account Settings.
- In the following window, click on the New button.
- Now select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
- Check the box for Manually configuring server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- In the next window, select Internet Email and click Next.
- Enter the following:
- Email Address: The full email address
- Server: pop.ionos.co.uk
- User Name: The full email address
To also allow email to be sent from this new account, click More settings.
|Your Name||The name that will be displayed on outgoing emails|
|Email Address||The complete email address that you are setting up|
|Incoming Mail Server||pop.ionos.co.uk|
|Outgoing Mail Server||smtp.ionos.co.uk|
|User Name||Your full email address|
|Password||The password for your email address|
|Login using secure password authentication (SPA) required||Since this function is not supported by our mail servers, please do not check this box.|
- Click Outgoing Mail Server. Check the box The outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication. Select the menu item Use the same settings as for incoming mail servers.
- Now activate the SSL encryption on the Advanced tab. Check the box Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). The correct server port 995 is stored automatically. For the SMTP connection type, select Automatic and for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), change the port to 587. Finish with OK.
Please note: The port 587 and the setting Automatic do not work? Instead, for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), enter port 465 and select connection type SSL.
- The previous window appears. Click here on Next > Finish.
The email account is now set up.