In this article, we show you how to set up a new email account in Outlook 2011 on your Mac.
- Start Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- Go to Outlook > Preferences in the menu bar.
- Under Personal settings, click Accounts.
- Select Other email as the account type.
- Now enter your email address and the corresponding password. As soon as you have entered both, more input fields will be displayed.
- Enter your user name (the full email address), select an account type (IMAP is recommended), enter the associated server data (see tables below), and then continue with Add account.
- After Outlook adds the account, you can still change the account description and your full name. The full name will be displayed on your outgoing emails as the sender name.
- Your account is now ready to receive emails. To ensure that sending also works, you will need to adjust the settings for the outgoing mail server. To do this, click More options.
- Select the option "Use input server" info for authentication and confirm with OK.
- Your email account is now ready. You can now test this by sending an email to yourself. If this does not work, please check the settings again.
|Email Address||Your complete IONOS email address|
|Password||The password for your email address|
|User Name||Your complete IONOS email address|
|Incoming Server Information||IMAP or POP3|
|Incoming Email Server||imap.ionos.co.uk||pop.ionos.co.uk|
|Override Default Port||No check mark because IMAP default port is used||No check mark because POP3 default port is used|
|Use SSL for Connection||Set check mark|
|Outgoing Server Information||Entry|
|Outgoing Email Server||smtp.ionos.co.uk|
|Override Default Port and Enter 587|
|Use TLS for Connection Set Check Mark|
You have now successfully set up your email account in Outlook 2011.