For Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019
Outlook versions 2016 and above no longer support manually setting up Exchange mailboxes. We therefore recommend that you configure your Microsoft Exchange 2013 accounts with the Autodiscover feature. If you instead need the instructions for Exchange 2019 accounts, the step-by-step guide on how to set up Outlook using Autodiscover can be found here: Setting up Microsoft Exchange® 2019 in Outlook 2016.
In rare cases , such as if the Autodiscover option is not available for your domain , you can also set up your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account in Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019 via the Outlook Configurator . A corresponding step-by-step guide can be found here: Setting Up Microsoft Exchange 2013 Using the Outlook Configurator.
- From the Windows Start Menu, open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, search the box at the top-right for "mail" and open Mail (32-bit) icon.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Choose Add. Now enter any name for your account profile. This name is used to distiguish your mail accounts from each other. Click OK to continue.
- Enter Your Name and Email Address. Enter your Password twice and then click Next.
- If you receive a warning, tick the box to not warn you in the future and click Allow for the email setup to be downloaded automatically using the autodiscover settings.
- Enter you password again in the pop-up window and click OK.
- Once Outlook has completed verifying the setup, click Finish.
Once you are connected to the Exchange server, you will see Connected to: Microsoft Exchange at the bottom-right of Outlook.
Outlook will then synchronise your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account for the first time. This can take several minutes, depending on how many emails, calendars, and contacts are stored in your account, as well as the speed of your internet connection speed.