For Microsoft Exchange 2013 Accounts
In this article, we'll show you how to set up Microsoft Exchange 2013 with an existing email address.
You can use your Microsoft Exchange 2013 mailbox with an existing email address. However, this requires additional activation. The following step-by-step instructions will show you how to set up and activate your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account.
Want to create a new email address with your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account? This is explained in the help article Setting up Microsoft Exchange 2013 with a new email address.
Log in to IONOS.
In the My Products area, click on the Email tile.
If necessary, select the contract that includes the Microsoft Exchange 2013 product.
Make a note of the Exchange email address for use in later steps. It will be displayed in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the Exchange email address.
In the Mailbox type row, select Own mailbox if you are setting up the account for yourself, or select Employee mailbox if you are setting this account up for someone else and will need to enter their name manually.
Now select Use existing email address.
Enter the required email address (and First/Last Name if Employee mailbox was selected above) in the appropriate fields. This email address can be from within your IONOS account or from another provider.
Enter the password for your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account twice.
Click OK. The activation code will now be sent to the email address you specified. Retrieve the email and copy the activation code. If necessary, check your SPAM folder.
Enter the activation code in the appropriate field.
Confirm your entries with OK.
You can now decide whether you want to download Outlook. Confirm your selection with Continue.
Creating a Forward to Your New Exchange Account
The final step is to create a forward from the original email address you connected to Exchange 2013 to the Exchange "e-number" email address you copied in Step 4.
Steps for IONOS Email Addresses:
- Click on the original Mail Basic or Mail Business email address you connected to Exchange 2013.
- Click on the Email Address row.
- Rename the email address. For example, email@example.com can become firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Save.
- Click the left arrow next to your renamed email address at the top of the screen to return to the Email Overview.
- In the Portfolio box on the right, click Create next to Email Forward.
- In the Email field, enter the part of the original email address before the @ symbol and choose the correct domain from the Domain drop-down menu.
- In the Forward Emails field, enter the Exchange email address you copied earlier (Ex. email@example.com).
- Click Save.
Steps for External Email Addresses:
- Add a forward to your email address that forwards emails to the Exchange email address you copied earlier (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org). Please refer to your respective email provider's instructions for doing this.