You can start the cancellation of your 1&1 IONOS contracts by using the Contract Service.
- Log in to the Contract Service with your 1&1 IONOS Customer ID and password.
Forgot your password? We explain how you can assign a new one in the article Change Your 1&1 IONOS password.
- Click on the contract you would like to cancel.
- In the Cancel this entire contract section, click Next.
- Please read the information carefully to confirm you understand the impact of cancelling your contract. If you do not want to cancel your contract now, click Cancel cancellation. If you still want to cancel, click Continue anyway.
- Please inform us of the reason for your cancellation by choosing one of the options displayed. Then click Next.
- If you are presented with a loyalty offer, you must click Continue Termination.
- Depending on the elements contained in your contract (domain(s), feature(s)), you may need to select certain cancellation details (cancellation date, cancellation category, and so on).
- Select the details from the drop-down lists. If no drop-down list is displayed, it means that you have nothing to choose and that the cancellation criteria are simply those that are displayed. Click on Next.
- In the last step you will receive a summary of your data and selected cancellation options. Check these to make sure everything you are cancelling is displayed and click Next to mark your contract for cancellation. Your cancellation request will now be sent to 1&1 IONOS.
- Finally, you will receive information that contains your transaction number and the contact information necessary to activate your cancellation. You must activate the cancellation to complete this process. You will also find this in the confirmation email, which we will send to you immediately afterwards.
In order to prevent others from misusing your account and to be able to implement your cancellation on the desired date, we ask you to contact our Cancellation service within the next 14 days. If you do not activate the cancellation within the next 14 days, your contractual relationship will continue.