In order to work with G Suite, the corresponding users and email addresses must be set up first. Each user has their own email address, password, first/surnames, and, if necessary, a company name. The first G Suite user is set up at IONOS, while all additional users are set up and administered directly through Google in the Google Admin Console.
- A domain is required to set up the G Suite accounts.
- The domain and G Suite must be in the same IONOS account.
- The domain must not be connected with Microsoft 365.
- The domain must not have Microsoft Exchange or IONOS Mail Basic/Business mailboxes.
When you set up G Suite, your domain will be connected to the Gmail email service. You cannot use this domain at the same time as other email products such as Hosted Microsoft Exchange or IONOS Mail Basic. Web services, such as a WordPress website or an IONOS MyWebsite, will continue to function without any restrictions.
To set up your G Suite and the first user:
- Log in to your IONOS account.
- Click on the G Suite tile.
- If you want to use another domain instead of the suggested one, click Show All Domains and then select the domain you want to use.
If the desired domain is not available in the selection, it is either not yet fully set up or you are already using the domain with another office or email product.
- Click Next.
- Enter the email address to create for your G Suite account.
- Enter the first name and surname.
- A one-time password for this account is automatically created and displayed on the next page. You will need it the first time you log in to your G Suite account.
- Enter a contact email address. All contract information, such as your one-time password, will be sent to this email address.
- Finish the setup by clicking Set up account.
Done! You can now use your first G Suite account. As mentioned previously, you can now use the Google Admin Console to create additional G Suite accounts.