For Dedicated Servers acquired before 28-10-2018, Value Server Deals, and Dynamic Cloud Servers
In this article, you will learn how to create a new ruleset for your IONOS server's hardware firewall.
The IONOS firewall is a hardware firewall consisting of network components located in a high-performance data center. It enables you to protect your server from attacks coming from the Internet.
- Log in to IONOS.
- Click on the Server & Cloud tile.
- Click on Firewall.
- Click on the Rules drop-down menu and select whether the rule applies to a IPv4 or IPv6. The overview of the existing rule sets (filters) is displayed. Depending on the installed operating system, you will also find various (non-changeable) system rule sets.
- In the Template box, select the setting you want, and then click Add Rule Set.
- Assign a ruleset name and define the basic policy. Then click Add Rule to add a first rule to the ruleset.
- Define the conditions for the rule and click Save.
- Click on Go to Overview.
A ruleset can contain up to 20 rules. Exceptions concerning individual IP addresses should therefore rather be at the top of the list.