For IONOS Linux Hosting and Managed Server packages
In this article, we have compiled the most frequently asked questions and answers about Click & Build applications for you.
What is Click & Build?
With Click & Build, you can install web applications (CMSes) with a few clicks in the App Centre directly in your webspace.
Your advantage: You save the cumbersome installation process via FTP download, FTP upload and database setup so you can just fully concentrate on building your websites. In addition, our hosting experts have combined the most popular apps with useful plug-ins and themes to make it even easier to get started with your web projects.
You can install Click & Build applications under the following conditions:
- Click & Build Applications are only available in Linux packages
- The package must include PHP
- The package must have an available database slot
- If the package is a Managed Server, it must be from the current series (starting August 2015)
What apps are available?
For Click & Build, you can choose from numerous open source web applications. Among the most popular are: WordPress, Joomla!, TYPO3, Drupal, phpBB, MediaWiki and Prestashop. You can find more information about the apps and their best uses under Web Hosting Package Overview.
What are Click & Build standard applications?
The Click & Build standard applications offer you complete freedom for your individual web projects. These are set up with all of the same configuration options that you have when installing the software manually. You can install your own plugins and themes for standard applications at any time. You can update the applications in their respective administration areas.
Can I set up a Content Delivery Network (CDN) for my Click & Build website?
Of course, you can improve the performance of your website by setting up a CDN. The procedure is described in detail here.
The maximum number of Click & Build installations has been exceeded - What can I do?
Larger packages have a higher number of simultaneously usable Click & Build applications. You can change packages at any time if needed, giving you access to more applications installed at the same time.
Why can't I install any Click & Build applications in my Windows package?
Our Click & Build feature is based on Linux and is therefore only available in the Linux packages. If you want to use Click & Build, you can switch to a Linux package.
Please note: If you change from Windows to Linux, all data in your contract will be lost. It is your own responsibility to make a backup before switching. This includes, for example, databases, page content, projects from the Website Builder, etc.
Can I secure my Click & Build website using SSL?
Yes, it doesn't matter if you created your website with Click & Build or otherwise. To set up an SSL Certificate for use with your website, see Setting Up an SSL Certificate Managed by IONOS.
Can I protect my Click & Build website with Sitelock?
Yes, you can protect your Click & Build website with Sitelock. To order Sitelock, see Ordering Sitelock. The article describes how to assign a domain to it.
I can't find the domain I want to link to my website.
- Make sure that the desired domain is in the same package as the app. If the desired domain is in another package, you can move it to the right one. The procedure is described in the articles Moving domains within IONOS packages (with the same customer number), or Moving domains within IONOS packages (with different customer numbers).
- After a new registration or a domain transfer it can take up to 48 hours until the domain becomes visible.
Click & Build Managed WordPress Overview
- Since 1 October 2015, Managed WordPress replaces the Safe Mode for WordPress. In Managed WordPress, we take care of general and all security-relevant updates of your applications. Only the plugins specified by us are able to be added, which can be selected in the setup wizard. The reason for this is that we guarantee the availability and usability of your and all other customers' systems.
- You can switch to the standard application at any time if you are ready to be your own full-time administrator.
- The integrated wizard recommends themes and plugins to suit your application.
- Managed WordPress offers you more space for your biggest ideas. Use Managed WordPress to create stunning websites! Concentrate on what is important to you: Your ideas, contents and the design of your website.
Who can I contact if I have any legal questions?
Please contact the manufacturer of the app in question or a lawyer. Links to the manufacturer pages can be found in the App Centre on the detail page of the respective app.