You will need to verify your domain to be able to monitor your Online Shop's performance with the Google Search Console (GSC). We'll show you how to do it in this article.
The Google Search Console is a free tool formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools. All tools are still available for free.
- Log in to the Google Search Console.
- Enter the name of your domain in the Domain field.
- Click Next.
- In the Confirm Domain Ownership via DNS Data Record window that opens after a short processing step, you can choose whether you want to CONFIRM your domain ownership LATER or CONFIRM it immediately.
- Copy the TXT entry from the Confirm Domain Ownership via DNS Record window by clicking on COPY. Paste the copied TXT entry into the DNS settings of your IONOS domain. This article explains how to do this.
- Return to the Google Search Console, and in the Confirm Domain Ownership via DNS Record window, click CONFIRM.