Besides a system-side integration with a protocol, such as WebDAV, you can also synchronise HiDrive directories with your Windows or Mac computer through the HiDrive app. In this article, we'll show you how to set it up.
Setting Up Windows Synchronisation
This step-by-step guide was created using the HiDrive app for Windows (app version 2.0.0 and higher). Other versions may differ.
- Open the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E).
- Make sure that the Windows Explorer navigation pane is displayed. It is activated in the top menu bar under View > Navigation Pane.
- In the navigation column, right-click IONOS HiDrive > HiDrive Settings. The HiDrive app opens.
- If necessary, change the storage location of your HiDrive data at the topmost position in the HiDrive app.
- Navigate to the Synchronisation data group.
- Activate Synchronisation of shared folders if you want team folders to be available on your Windows PC. See the article Sharing Folders in HiDrive for more details on this topic.
- Click on the Selective synchronisation > Activate button to select specific folders that HiDrive should synchronise with your Windows PC.
To change a synchronisation that has already been set up, open the HiDrive app. Interrupt the current synchronisation with the Disable Synchronisation button and make your changes as described in the previous paragraph.
Setting Up macOS Synchronisation
- Click the HiDrive icon in the top menu bar of your Mac. A context menu opens.
- Click on Preferences > Tab: Synchronisation.
- Click the Select folder to synchronise button. All the contents of the HiDrive folder on your Mac will be displayed.
- Uncheck the box in front of a folder to exclude it and its contents from synchronisation.
To add other folders or files from your Mac, move them to your HiDrive folder.
Alternative Synchronisation Options
Aside from the integration directly through the HiDrive app, you can also use the following protocols:
- Connect via CIFS/SMB (network drive) under Windows, Mac-OS, Linux (Ubuntu) or AVM FRITZ!Box.
- Connect via rsync
- Connect via WebDAV (Windows 10)
- Connect via WebDAV (Apple Mac)
Please note that some protocols are only available in certain HiDrive contract types and package types. You can learn how to add missing protocols in this article.