In addition to a system-side integration with a protocol, such as WebDAV, you can also synchronise HiDrive directories with your PC or Mac using the HiDrive app. This article shows you how to do this.
Setting Up Synchronisation
- Open the Windows Explorer.
- Make sure that the navigation pane is displayed. It is activated in the top menu line under View > Navigation Pane.
- In the navigation pane, right-click on IONOS HiDrive > HiDrive Settings.
- Select the Synchronisation tab. If you are using the HiDrive app for the first time, this tab is automatically displayed and must be activated with the Set up synchronisation button.
- Define the location on your computer where the synchronised data is to be stored in HiDrive.
- In the Selective synchronisation data group, decide whether you want to select individual folders or all folders of your HiDrive user (folder: Personal) for synchronisation.
- Activate Synchronise shared files to include the HiDrive folder Shared in the synchronisation. In the article Sharing Files and Folders in HiDrive, you can find more details on this topic.
- Finish your configuration with the Finish synchronisation button.
Alternative Synchronisation Options
In addition to the integration directly via the HiDrive app, you can use the following protocols:
- Connect via CIFS/SMB (network drive) under Windows, Mac-OS, Linux (Ubuntu), or AVM FRITZ!Box.
- Connect via rsync
- Connect via WebDAV (Windows 10)
- Connect via WebDAV (Apple Mac)
Please note that some protocols are only available in certain HiDrive packages. You can find out how to add missing protocols in this article.