For IONOS Web Hosting packages
In this article, we'll show you how to enable your CDN powered by CloudFlare right in your IONOS account. You can assign a CDN package to each of your domains.
- Log in to IONOS.
- Click on the Hosting tile.
- Click Activate CDN Package in the Content Delivery Network box.
- Click Activate next to the CDN feature you are enabling.
- Select the desired domain from the Domain drop-down menu.
- Select the desired Subdomains.
Please note: The CDN can only be activated for subdomains, not for the root domain. Please make sure that your website content is accessible through the chosen subdomain(s).
Please note: Subdomains with altered DNS settings cannot be used with a CDN. Additionally, you cannot use a CDN for data services such as email, FTP, or SSH.
- Click Edit next to General Settings.
Please note: Some functions can only be activated after purchasing CDN Plus powered by CloudFlare. These are marked with an asterisk (*).
- After making your selections, click Save. You can find more detailed information about these options in the article General Settings for Your CDN Package.
- To make changes to your Performance Settings or Security Settings, click the down arrow next to the appropriate category. You can then choose between preset profiles or click the Edit button to choose customized settings.
- When you have finished choosing your settings, click Activate.
Your CDN package has now been activated. Depending on the settings you selected, it may take some time for the provisioning of your CDN package to complete. You can check on this progress in the Status column of the CDN page.