In this article, we show you how to change your email address.
This allows you to continue using an existing mailbox with all of the emails stored on the server and settings with a different email address. This can be useful, for example, if your domain name has changed.
- Log in to 1&1 IONOS and select the Email & Office tile.
- If you have multiple contracts, select the contract with the email address you are changing.
- In the overview of your email addresses, click on the email address to be edited.
- On the settings page, click on email address line. The Change Email Address page will be displayed.
- You can now edit the part of the address (everything before the @ sign) directly in the text field.
- If you want to use a different email domain, click Change domain and then select an available domain.
Note: The desired domain must be in the same contract.
- Once you are finished making changes, click Save.
As soon as the change takes effect, your mailbox can only be reached at the new address. If you are not sure whether emails will continue to be sent to your current (old) address, you can set it up as a forwarding address only and forward any new messages to your new address.
Your email settings will now be updated. You can use your new address within minutes.