For Mail Basic and Mail Business email accounts
Learn how to set up your Mail Basic or Mail Business email account in Windows 8 Mail.
Mail Business accounts can be set up in Windows 8 Mail for email use only. To access your address book, calendar, tasks and drives , please log in to IONOS Webmail.
- Open the Windows 8 Mail App.
- Enter your Microsoft login info and click Save. If you have not yet created a Microsoft account, you can use the Register for a Microsoft Account link.
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + C simultaneously to open the settings.
- In Preferences, click Accounts, and then click Add Account.
- Select Other Account from the list.
- Select IMAP (The Windows 8 mail app does not support POP accounts) and click Connect.
- The input panel for your account data opens. Expand it by clicking Show more details.
- Fill in the fields with your email account information and the settings for the email servers.
|E-mail address||Your full IONOS email address|
|Username||Your full IONOS email address|
|Password||The password for your email account|
|Incoming (IMAP) email server||imap.ionos.co.uk|
|Incoming server requires SSL||Checked|
|Outgoing (SMTP) email server||smtp.ionos.co.uk|
|Outgoing server requires SSL||Checked|
|Outgoing server requires authentication||Checked|
|Use the same username and password to send and receive email||Checked|
Click Connect when you are finished.
You have now successfully set up your email account in Windows 8 Mail.
Did this article help you?
Your feedback helps us to further improve our services. To leave feedback, log in to your IONOS account by clicking on the login button at the top right. You can then submit a rating below the article.