For Mail Basic and Mail Business email accounts
Learn how to set up your Mail Basic or Mail Business email account in Windows 8 Mail.
Mail Business accounts can be set up in Windows 8 Mail for email use only. To access your address book, calendar, tasks and drives , please log in to 1&1 IONOS Webmail.
- Open the Windows 8 Mail App.
- Enter your Microsoft login info and click Save. If you have not yet created a Microsoft account, you can use the Register for a Microsoft Account link.
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + C simultaneously to open the settings.
- In Preferences, click Accounts, and then click Add Account.
- Select Other Account from the list.
- Select IMAP (The Windows 8 mail app does not support POP accounts) and click Connect.
- The input panel for your account data opens. Expand it by clicking Show more details.
- Fill in the fields with your email account information and the settings for the email servers.
|E-mail address||Your full 1&1 IONOS email address|
|Username||Your full 1&1 IONOS email address|
|Password||The password for your email account|
|Incoming (IMAP) email server||imap.ionos.com|
|Incoming server requires SSL||Checked|
|Outgoing (SMTP) email server||smtp.ionos.com|
|Outgoing server requires SSL||Checked|
|Outgoing server requires authentication||Checked|
|Use the same username and password to send and receive email||Checked|
Click Connect when you are finished.
You have now successfully set up your 1&1 IONOS in Windows 8 Mail.