By compressing files and folders in HiDrive, you can save disk space and share them in bundles. In this article, we'll explain how to do it.
The source (original) files/folders compressed are not automatically deleted by compression. If you are trying to free up the storage space in HiDrive, delete the source objects manually once compression has completed.
HiDrive offers various options for selecting either individual or multiple files/folders. To do this, switch to the HiDrive web app detailed view of the menu items Personal or Shared.
- Single selection via right-click: Select Create zip in the context menu.
- Multiple selection by dragging: While holding down the left mouse button, drag the cursor over the desired objects. Your first click cannot start on an object, but rather, it should be around or between objects.
- Multiple selection by ticking boxes: Click on the tick in the upper-right corner of the desired files/folders. The file/folder should change color to show you have selected it successfully.
Creating the ZIP File
- Open the HiDrive web app in your browser.
- Click on Personal or Shared in the left menu bar.
- Right-click on an individual object or a preselected group to open a context menu.
- Select the entry Create zip. The ZIP file is placed at the same level in the folder structure of HiDrive as the objects compressed.