For PrestaShop standard installation
Change the domain of your PrestaShop website quickly and easily.
- If you have just registered the desired domain, the change to the new domain can take up to 24 hours.
- If the old domain still points to the PrestaShop website, please change the target directory manually.
You must also enter the domain in the admin area of your PrestaShop website.
Change domain in IONOS
- Open the overview of your websites and click Manage Website at the desired PrestaShop website.
- Click under Domain (Internet address) on the gear symbol > Change domain.
- Select the desired domain or subdomain
- Optional: Disconnect the connected domain or subdomain by clicking the slider and then clicking Save.
Add domain to PrestaShop website
It is necessary to remove the reference to the old domain or to store the new domain in PrestaShop itself.
- Log in to the admin area of your PrestaShop website with your admin credentials.
- Click Shop Preferences> SEO & URLs.
- In the Shop Domain and SSL Domain fields, enter the desired domain under which your PrestaShop website is to be accessible in the future.
- Click Save on the right.
Your PrestaShop website is now accessible via the new domain.