For Linux and Windows hosting packages
Learn how to set up the FTP program FileZilla quickly and easily for use with your secure FTP account.
To set up FileZilla with your connection data, you need to do is download the configuration file containing the connection data from IONOS and import it into FileZilla. You can then connect to your webspace by entering your password.
Download the configuration for FileZilla:
- Log in to IONOS and select Hosting.
- Click Manage under SFTP & SSH.
- Click on the user name of the FTP account to be used. The Settings & Connections data page will open.
- Scroll down to the Using your secure FTP account area, and click Download Configuration for FileZilla.
- Save the configuration file to your computer.
Import the configuration into FileZilla:
- Start FileZilla.
- In the menu click on File > Import.... A file dialog box appears.
- Select the configuration file, and then click Open. The settings are imported and a server entry is created.
- To manage your server entries, click on File > Site Manager in the menu. The site manager opens.
- The site manager will now contain a profile entry with the FTP server name.
- If you want to connect to the webspace immediately, click on Connect in the site manager. Then enter your FTP password and click OK.
You can open the FileZilla Site Manager at any time via File > Site Manager.