In this article, you'll learn how to set up the Microsoft 365 Outlook App on your Android device so that you can use it to send and receive email.
Downloading and Installing Microsoft Outlook
- Open the Google Play Store App.
- Install Microsoft Outlook for Android.
Launch the Outlook app on your Android device.
Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and password.
Complete your entries by clicking Sign in. The Add Another Account screen displays.
Optional: Add another account (email address). You can perform this action at any time later. To learn how to do this, see the next section, Other email addresses.
- Confirm the prompt with Maybe later. The Outlook App inbox opens.
- You are already logged in to the Outlook App with your Microsoft 365 account.
- Launch the Outlook app on your Android device. The Inbox is displayed.
- Open the menu by tapping your account icon in the top-left corner. This is either a user graphic or the first letter of your name.
- In the menu bar in the lower left corner, tap the gear icon for Settings.
- In the Mail Accounts data group, select the Add Email Account link > Add Email Account.
- Enter the new email address and finish your entry with Add Account. Outlook will now automatically try to determine the correct email provider and access type.
- Click the Set up account manually link if automatic setup was not possible.
- Decide on an IMAP or POP3 account. Your email provider will tell you the IMAP/POP3 and SMTP details. For IONOS email addresses, this information is summarised here.
- Complete your entries with Sign in.
Did this article help you?
Your feedback helps us to further improve our services. To leave feedback, log in to your IONOS account by clicking on the login button at the top right. You can then submit a rating below the article.