IONOS Videochat is a browser-based solution for video conferencing, which we will provide free of charge during the beta phase. All of the associated data is hosted in Germany, and we will ensure there is compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Browser: Microsoft Edge (version 80 or later) or Google Chrome (version 77 or later)
- Microphone and camera
To use IONOS Videochat, you don't need to create an account or install any additional software or plug-ins. You can either join a video conference using a link sent by someone else, or you can send an invitation link yourself. Neither the organiser nor the participant will be asked for login details. Also, no personal data is transmitted during the video conference.
- The maximum number of participants for a video conference is currently 24 (including the moderator).
- Please only use the supported browsers (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge). We cannot guarantee that other browsers - for example Safari or Firefox - will work properly.
- For the smooth transmission of picture and sound in good quality, you need a bandwidth of 6 Mbps or higher. If the picture or sound quality is poor or deteriorates during the conference, please check whether other applications in your local network also use the Internet and require a lot of bandwidth. This is especially true for applications that are downloading large files or streaming movies.
- If you are having problems with your microphone or camera, check your browser settings to see if your microphone and camera have been allowed access to meeting.videochat.ionos.com and change them if necessary.