IONOS Videochat is a browser-based solution for video conferencing, which we are providing for free. All of the associated data is hosted in Europe, and we will ensure there is compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Browser: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- Microphone and camera
To use IONOS Videochat, you don't need to create an account or install any additional software or plug-ins. You can either join a video conference using a link sent by someone else, or you can send an invitation link yourself. Neither the organiser nor the participant will be asked for login details. Also, no personal data is transmitted during the video conference.
- The maximum number of participants for a video conference is currently 5 (including the moderator).
You can use IONOS Video Chat with the Jitsi Meet mobile app for Android or iOS. To do this, you just have to enter the server URL https://meet.videochat.ionos.com in the app's settings.
Please note that the Jitsi Meet app is a product of a third-party provider. As such, IONOS has no control over the content or functionality of the Jitsi Meet app.
- Please only use the supported browsers (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge). We cannot guarantee that other browsers, such as Firefox or Safari, will work properly.
- For the smooth transmission of picture and sound, you will be able to individually set the correct resolution according to your needs. If the picture or sound quality is poor or deteriorates during the conference, please check whether other applications in your local network also use the Internet and require a lot of bandwidth. This is especially true for applications that are downloading large files or streaming movies.
- If you are having problems with your microphone or camera, check your browser settings to see if your microphone and camera have been allowed access to videochat.ionos.com and change them if necessary.