For Dedicated Servers Managed in the Cloud Panel.
To create a Dedicated Server in your IONOS account, follow the steps below.
Log in to your IONOS account.
Click on the Server & Cloud tile. If necessary, select the desired Server & Cloud contract.
In the Infrastructure > Servers section, click the down arrow next to Create.
Select Dedicated Server.
Enter the desired server name.
Select the desired configuration for the server.
Optional: Assign a block storage to the server.
In the Images section, select the operating system for the server.
Optional: Select the desired additional software.
SQL Server: If you selected the Microsoft Windows operating system, you can optionally install SQL Server. SQL Server is a relational database management and analysis system from Microsoft.
Plesk Obsidian: If you selected the Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS, or Debian operating system, you can optionally install Plesk Obsidian.
Select the desired data centre and Availability Zone.
The shorter the geographical distance between your server and the users or visitors, the shorter the loading times. In order to optimise the loading time, it is recommended to select an IONOS data centre that is located as close as possible to your users or your visitors.
- The following resources must be set up separately for each data centre:
- Firewall and monitoring policies can be assigned to all servers regardless of the IONOS data centre selected.
- Virtualisation support is a free feature. When this feature is enabled, the server can communicate with the Internet through any number of Mac addresses. In addition, you can manually install and configure any hypervisor (except Hyper-V) on the server to create virtual machines.
- Due to Microsoft licensing regulations, you cannot currently use Hyper-V as a hypervisor.
- To use virtualisation support, you must have an AE16-128, XXL-96, 3XL-192, or 4XL-192 dedicated server.
- When you create a virtual machine, you may need to manually configure the network settings. For example, this is necessary if you assign multiple IP addresses to the dedicated server and you want the virtual machine to be assigned only a specific IP address.
Optional: To create backups of this server, in the Backup pane, select Protect the server's data with backups. Images that are compatible with Backup Agent already have this option enabled. Then select the desired predefined protection plan. If you have not yet set up a backup package or want to switch to a larger package, then select the desired backup package. The backup agent is automatically installed as part of the server creation process.
Backups are managed in the Backup Console. You can access this in the Backup > Backup Package section of the Cloud Panel.
If you select an image that is not compatible with Backup Agent, it will not be installed automatically as part of the server creation process. To create backups in this case, you must download and manually install the Backup Agent in the Backup > Backup Package section of the Cloud Panel after creating the server.
In the More Settings section, click View.
In the Password field, enter and repeat the password for accessing the server.
In the SSH Key field, select one or more SSH keys and disable SSH password authentication if necessary.
This option is only offered for servers with the Linux operating system.
To use an existing SSH key, you must import it in the Security > SSH Keys section before creating the server.
Optional: To customise your server after creation, add the desired post-creation script in the Cloud-Init User Data field.
The script is processed and executed by cloud-init after the server is created. This free software can run the following scripts:
Command Line Scripts
In the Firewall Policy list, select a firewall policy.
By default, a firewall policy is selected that allows you to access the server, the web server, and Plesk.
Virtualisation support can only be enabled during server creation.
The server will now be created.
For security reasons, SMTP port 25 (outgoing) is blocked. If you want to unlock the SMTP port, please contact the support.