Article translated by machine
This text is a machine translation. A revised version is planned.
For 1&1 IONOS Hosting Linux packages
To disconnect your Look up from a Click & Build-website. After separation, you can change the usage type or DNS settings of your domain again.</p>
Important information & preparation
To separate the domain from the website, you must assign another domain ( Look up ) to the website or delete the website. If you no longer have a free domain or do not want to use it, you can simply create a subdomain. </p>
- We recommend that you create a new subdomain and link it to the Click & Build-website. Then you can separate the connected domain (subdomain) and use it for other projects.
- If you no longer need the website, you can also delete it so that the domain (subdomain) is freely available again: Click & Build -Uninstall the website
Please note: If you create a new subdomain, the conversion can take up to 30 minutes.
Assign new domain or subdomain
- Open the overview of your websites and click Manage website for the desired website.
- Click under Domain (Internet address) on the gear symbol > Change domain.
- Select the desired domain or subdomain.
- Disconnect the connected domain or subdomain by clicking the slider and then clicking Save.