Learn how to set up secondary DNS to use IONOS as your secondary DNS provider.
- You have administrative access to the primary DNS server that is responsible for configuring the zone.
- You have the DNS Pro feature.
- Log in to your IONOS account.
- Click on the Domains & SSL tile.
- In the Portfolio section, click on DNS Pro > DNS Pro Settings.
- In the Secondary DNS Zone area, click Set Up.
- Enter the IP address(es) of the primary DNS server.
- Click Create Zone.
- Configure the primary DNS server to accept AXFR requests from the displayed IONOS IP addresses.
- Replace the existing NS records in the primary zone with the displayed IONOS name servers.
- Click Start Zone Transfer to complete the Secondary DNS setup.
You are now using IONOS as the secondary DNS provider for your DNS zone.
It can take up to 48 hours for the DNS changes to take effect globally due to the nature of DNS systems.
Did this article help you?
Your feedback helps us to further improve our services. To leave feedback, log in to your IONOS account by clicking on the login button at the top right. You can then submit a rating below the article.