For IONOS Linux Hosting packages and IONOS Managed Servers
In this article, we have compiled information for you on the subject of Click & Build.
What is Click & Build?
With Click & Build, you can install web applications directly in your webspace with just a few clicks in your IONOS account.
Your advantage: You save yourself the time-consuming installation via an FTP download, FTP upload and setting up the database. This allows you to concentrate fully on your website. In addition, our hosting experts have already combined the most popular apps with suitable plugins and themes to make it even easier for you to get started with your web projects.
You can install Click & Build applications under the following conditions:
- Click & Build Applications are only available in Linux packages
- The plan must include PHP
- The plan must contain an available database
- If the plan is a managed server, it must be from the current series (from August 2015 onwards)
Which apps are available?
With Click & Build, you can choose from the following open-source software options:
Content Management Systems (CMS)
Further information on the applications mentioned can be found in the article Overview of Click & Build applications.
Can I set up a content delivery network (CDN) for my Click & Build website?
Yes, you can improve the performance of your website, which you have created with a Click & Build application, by setting up a CDN. The procedure is described in detail under CDN in an IONOS account .
Windows Hosting - Why can't I install Click & Build applications?
Our Click & Build offer is based on Linux and is therefore only available in the Linux contracts. If you would like to use Click & Build, you can switch to a corresponding contract.
Please note: When switching from Windows to Linux, all data in your contract will be lost. It is your own responsibility to create a data backup before switching. This includes, for example, databases, page content, etc.
Can I secure my Click & Build website using SSL?
Yes, it does not matter whether you have created your website using the Click & Build application or by other means. To find out how to set up an SSL certificate for use with your website, see Setting up an SSL certificate managed by IONOS .
I can't find the domain I want to link my website to?
- Make sure that the desired domain is in the same contract as the app. If the desired domain is in a different contract, move it via internal domain transfer. The procedure is described in the articles Transferring a domain to another IONOS contract (same customer number) and Transferring a domain to another IONOS contract (different customer numbers).
- After a new registration or a domain transfer, it can take up to 48 hours for the domain to become visible.
Who can I contact if I have legal questions?
If you have any legal questions, please contact the developer of the respective application or a lawyer. Links to the developers' websites can be found in the Click & Build overview in your IONOS account and in the article Click & Build: Overview of Applications.