The perfect web address for the European market
Position your European business for success
.eu domain feature list
- 1 email account with 2 GB mailbox space
- Access to professional webmail
- Subdomains to structure your website
- Advanced DNS management
- Unlimited email forwarding
- 24/7 customer support
- A wide selection of domains, including new domains
- Fast and simple domain setup
- Secure your domain from hijacking risks with domain lock
- Free Wildcard SSL Certificate
- Regular offers exclusive to IONOS customers
Our personal consultant service won gold for Best Customer Engagement Initiative at the European Contact Center & Customer Service Awards, the largest awards programme in the customer contact industry.
Tailored advice. Tips for online success. Technical support. Available via a direct phone number, chat and email. Free of charge for all IONOS customers.
.eu domain extension
.eu is the country-specific top-level domain of the European Union, currently counting 28 member states. It first came into existence in April 2005 and about 3.9 million domains have been registered so far. The extension reflects the European identity. It is a great choice if your website is targeting visitors from across the EU.
Any person or company residing in a Member State of the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein may register a .eu domain. The registration itself only takes a few minutes. The maximum length of the domain name is 63 characters.
The Belgian company EURid (European Registry of Internet Domain Names) is entrusted with the registration of the .eu domain. The company was founded in 2002 specifically for this task.
Until Brexit happens, UK customers can still register and use .eu domains. After the UK leaves the European Union, UK residents will only be eligible for .eu domains if they are nationals of an EU country, or if their business has an EU address as well as a British one, e.g. a subsidiary company.
After Brexit, UK customers will no longer be able to buy a .eu domain from IONOS.
If you have purchased a .eu domain from us before Brexit and want to keep it, you'll have several options:
- Change your registered address to your EU/EEA address
- Update your registration details with your EU27 citizenship
- Transfer ownership to a third party provided by IONOS, who will lease the domain back to you
You'll find further information about these options when you log into your IONOS customer account.
We'd be happy to help you choose the right product or provide support for existing customers.