Microsoft Exchange email by 1&1 IONOS: here’s how it works
Professional communication solutions
Hosted Exchange service combines trusted Microsoft software with a modern hosting service solution
- Your data is handled with the utmost care and protected in our state-of-the-art and high-security data centres across Europe.
- Thanks to our georedundant infrastructure, your company’s important data is optimally protected against failure and loss.
- Your data is stored in accordance with EU data protection regulations.
Combine maximum productivity with maximum availability
- No tedious setup of your in-house infrastructure
- Monthly subscription, thereby removing upfront investments in hardware
- Latest technology and the best security standards
The new and improved Exchange 2019 & Outlook 2019
- Improved security and overall performance
- Streamlined configuration of Outlook once desktop client has been downloaded
- Enhanced search function, making it easier and quicker to find what you need
- Simplified collaboration with updated calendar time zones and scheduling features
- Updated inbox feature which organises less important emails into a separate folder, leaving you to concentrate on more important things
- Enriched Out of Office component
- Integrated accessibility and text-to-speech features enable emails to be read to you
- 1&1 IONOS spam filter and antivirus round up the security features of this solution
- Licences for the Outlook 2019 client are included for free with your product
- Huge 50 GB mailboxes ensure that you never miss an important email
- Public folder feature improves collaboration and sharing in your team with 100 GB of shared space available
- A domain is always included in your Exchange 2019 package
Microsoft Exchange Hosting for all your email business needs
Microsoft Exchange 2019
Microsoft Outlook 2019 included
50 GB email account for each user
Free domain Included free domain extensions: .co.uk, .uk, .com, .net, .org, .info, .me, .biz, .online.Close
Premium virus protection and spam filter
Outlook Web App
Real-time sync of your data on all devices
24/7 expert support
Team collaboration tools calendar, contacts and tasksClose
How does the Hosted Exchange email solution work and what do customers need to know?
Administration of MS Exchange server
Connecting email accounts to Exchange
You can rely on top-class service
- Security updates and patches
- Automatic encryption of all emails
- Advanced anti-spam and antivirus technology
Hosted Exchange and Outlook
|Inbox & address book management||Appointment management||Task management|
|Reminders||Never miss an email or lose a contact: with our large 50 GB mailbox, you'll never miss emails. Set up reminders to deal with important emails later. All your business contacts are managed in one place||Never miss an appointment: set up reminders with a variety of settings. Reminders are received on all devices.||Never miss a deadline: set up reminders for your tasks. Reminders are received on all devices. Tasks also visible in Calendar to simplify time management.|
|Efficient management||Organise your emails by importance and topics. Rules help you manage the clutter. A search function also helps with navigating the inbox. The address book provides all contact details at a glance.||Organise your appointment in views such as Daily, Weekly, etc. In addition, a search function makes it easier to find appointments.||Organise your tasks in views such as Today, Next 7 days, Recurring, etc. Set up recurring tasks, with fully flexible settings.|
|Collaboration made easy||Folders are available to help organise your inbox and collaborate. Maintain and share distribution lists to facilitate communication.||With calendar sharing, appointments can be organised in a team quickly and easily. Availability of colleagues can also be checked in advance.||Share your tasks with your colleagues and partners. Request notifications and status messages to keep track of progress.|
|Always up to date||Emails and contacts are automatically synchronised across all devices.||Calendar entries and changes are automatically synchronised across all devices.||Task entries and changes are automatically synchronised across all devices.|
Microsoft Exchange Hosting
- You stay flexible by scaling your Exchange resources when needed.
- You save on the expensive maintenance of an in-house email server.
- Your IT department has more time to concentrate on more important projects.
- You save on the cost of licensing.
- You receive both the server infrastructure and, thanks to Microsoft Outlook, the software solution for working on the go.
If you are already a 1&1 IONOS customer, you can contact your personal consultant at any time to receive comprehensive advice on migration and upgrade methods.
- You benefit from an advertising-free email solution.
- With the Microsoft Outlook solution, you get a proven, clear and secure software for emails and scheduling.
- Thanks to the comprehensive spam filter, you are better protected against undesired emails or dangerous phishing.
- You will gain full access to all Outlook features that also make private life easier: for example, when you're on holiday you can set up an out of office message or personal reminders for important meetings and tasks in your calendar.
- Thanks to countless mobile apps and a separate browser version, you can synchronise your mailboxes and calendars across all your devices in an instant.
- Study: Private and university emails can be easily sorted and managed with Outlook. This makes it easier for you to keep track.
- Job seeking: Today, applications are mainly submitted online. A professional email solution makes it easier for you to keep track, and the individual email address included makes a good impression on potential employers. You can also read our Digital Guide article with tips on writing business emails that leave a lasting impression.
- Daily family life: Thanks to a synchronised calendar, couples and families can clearly record appointments from any device – be it children's school events, doctor's appointments or simply the weekly shopping and cleaning plan.
- Private flat rentals: Flat owners often receive numerous emails from their tenants. Hosted Exchange, which includes Outlook, operates as an efficient software solution that simplifies the general overview – meetings with the owners, flat viewings or flat inspections can easily be organised digitally and without paperwork.
There are plenty more examples to add to the above list. If you are looking for an alternative email solution, you're guaranteed to find a suitable product with 1&1 IONOS. Do you still require Outlook tools for team collaboration? With our simpler packages, you also have the option of receiving your own email address. Or you can opt for the complete Microsoft Office 365 package, which is also available from 1&1 IONOS – of course both with our proven expert support.
More information about our alternative options and rates can be found here:
- All data is stored in two independent data centres.
- Your data is always available as exact copies are replicated from the primary data centre to the secondary data centre in another location.
- Our emergency power generators, extremely sensitive fire extinguishing systems, and strict security controls ensure maximum protection against failure in each individual data centre.
- Even in the event of regional natural disasters, georedundant storage ensures that you do not lose any data.
In addition, regular backups ensure that none of your important data is lost – whether you use 1&1 IONOS Exchange Email Hosting for private or business purposes.
We'd be happy to help you choose the right product or provide support for existing customers.