Microsoft Exchange email by 1&1 IONOS: Here’s how it works
Professional communication solutions for a strong company:
Hosted Exchange service combines trusted Microsoft software with a modern hosting service solution:
- Your data is handled with the utmost care and protected in our state-of-the-art and high-security data centers across Europe.
- Thanks to our geo-redundant infrastructure, your company’s important data is optimally protected against failure and loss.
- Your data is stored in accordance with EU data protection regulations
Combine maximum productivity with maximum availability:
- No tedious setup of your in-house infrastructure
- Monthly subscription, thereby removing upfront investments in hardware
- Latest technology and the best security standards
Microsoft Exchange Hosting for all your email business needs
Microsoft Exchange 2019
50 GB email account for 1 user
Free domain Included free domain extensions: .com, .biz, .org, .uk, .me, .online, .net, .co.uk, .info.Close
Premium virus protection and spam filter
Outlook Web App
Real-time sync of your data on all devices
24/7 expert support
Team collaboration tools calendar, contacts and tasksClose
Microsoft Outlook 2016 included
How does the Hosted Exchange email solution work and what do customers need to know?
Administration of MS Exchange server
Connecting email accounts to Exchange
You can rely on top-class service
- The Microsoft technology has proven itself over many years and is used globally by leading companies. Security updates and patches ensure that you are fully prepared for the future.
- An automatic encryption of all emails ensures that your communication is protected against unauthorized access.
- In addition to the security features provided by Microsoft, the advanced anti-spam and anti-virus technology from 1&1 IONOS also protects against unwanted and dangerous emails. This is used in all our geo-redundant data protection-compliant data centers.
Hosted Exchange and Outlook
|Inbox & Address Book Management||Appointment Management||Task Management|
|Reminders||Never miss an email or forget a contact: with our large 25 GB mailbox, you'll never miss emails. Set up reminders to deal with important emails later. All your business contacts are managed in one place||Never miss an appointment: set up reminders with a variety of settings. Reminders are received on all devices.||Never miss a deadline: set up reminders for your tasks. Reminders are received on all devices. Tasks also visible in Calendar to simplify time management.|
|Efficient management||Organise your emails by importance and topics. Rules help you manage the clutter. A search function also helps with navigating the inbox. The address book provides all the details about contacts at a glance.||Organise your appointment in views such as Daily, Weekly, etc. In addition, a search function facilitates finding appointments.||Organise your tasks in views such as Today, Next 7 days, Recurring, etc. Set up recurring tasks, with full flexibility of settings.|
|Collaboration made easy||Folders are available to help organise your inbox and collaborate. Maintain & share distribution lists to facilitate communication.||With calendar sharing, appointments can be organised in a team quickly and easily. Availability of colleagues can also be checked in advance.||Share your tasks with your colleagues and partners. Request notifications and status messages for progress control.|
|Always up-to-date||Emails and contacts are automatically synchronised across all devices||Calendar entries and changes are automatically synchronised across all devices||Task entries and changes are automatically synchronised across all devices|
Microsoft Exchange Hosting
- You stay flexible by scaling your Exchange resources when needed.
- You save on the expensive maintenance of an in-house email server.
- Your IT department have more time to concentrate on projects of higher importance.
- You save the cost of tedious licensing.
- You receive both the server infrastructure and, thanks to Microsoft Outlook, the software solution for mobile work.
If you are already a 1&1 IONOS customer, you can contact your personal consultant at any time to receive comprehensive advice on migration and upgrade methods.
- You benefit from an advertising-free email solution.
- With the Microsoft Outlook solution, you get a proven, clear and secure software for emails and scheduling.
- Thanks to the comprehensive spam filter, you are better protected against undesired emails or dangerous phishing.
- You will gain full access to all Outlook features that also make private life easier: for example, when you're on holiday you can set up an out of office message or personal reminders for important meetings and tasks in your calendar.
- Thanks to countless mobile apps and a separate browser version, you can synchronize your mailboxes and calendars across all your devices in an instant.
- Study: Private and university mails can be easily sorted and managed with Outlook. This makes it easier for you to keep track.
- Job Seeking: Today, applications are mainly submitted online. A professional email solution makes it easier for you to keep track, and the individual mail domain it contains makes a serious impression on potential employers. You can also read our Digital Guide article with tips on writing business mail that leaves a lasting
- Daily family life: Thanks to a synchronized calendar, couples can record clearly arranged appointments from any end device – be it children's school events, doctor's appointments or simply the shopping and cleaning plan for the week.
- Private apartment rentals: Apartment owners often receive numerous emails from their tenants. Hosted Exchange, which includes Outlook, operates as an efficient software solution that simplifies the general overview – meetings with the owners, apartment viewings or apartment inspections can easily be organized digitally and without paperwork.
There's plenty more application examples to add to the above list. If you are looking for an alternative mail solution, you're guaranteed to find a suitable product with 1&1 IONOS. Do you still require Outlook tools for team collaboration? With our simpler tariffs, you also have the option of receiving your own email address. Or you can opt directly for the complete Microsoft Office 365 package, which is also available from 1&1 IONOS – of course both with our proven expert support.
More information about our alternative options and rates can be found here:
- All data is stored in two independent data centers.
- Your data is always available as exact copies are replicated from the primary data center to the secondary data center in another location.
- Our emergency power generators, extremely sensitive fire extinguishing systems, and strict security controls ensure maximum protection against failure in each individual data center.
- Even in the event of regional natural disasters, geo-redundant storage ensures that you do not lose any data.
In addition, regular backups ensure that none of your important data is lost – whether you use 1&1 IONOS Exchange Email Hosting for private or business purposes.
We'd be happy to help you choose the right product or provide support for existing customers.