The importance of a .uk domain
Rights of registration
Be more visible with the .uk domain
Get the most out of your .uk domain
- Email: create a professional email address to demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness
- Social networks: claim your .uk domain and connect it to your social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Blog: build your own British blog or WordPress page, and stand out from the crowd
- Redirect: you can forward the .uk domain to your existing website to get more visitors
- Parking: invest in owning your matching .uk domain to protect your business or online identity
.uk domain feature list
24/7 customer support
Register your .uk domain
If your domain was registered before 23:59 on the 28th of October 2013, you will have the rights to the equivalent .uk domain providing there was no other corresponding .co.uk, .org.uk, me.uk, .ltd.uk, .plc.uk, or .net.uk registered.
Where a .co.uk domain was registered after the 28th of October 2013 but before launch on the 10th of June 2014, the co.uk domain holder will also have rights to the .uk equivalent as long as there is no 'clash' with any existing domains meeting the criteria above.
• Where the registrant is overseas, an address for service in the UK is required.
• A P.O. box is not an accepted address.
If your existing domain name (www.placeholder.co.uk) is cancelled and deleted from the register, any right to the new .uk equivalent domain will have been lost and cannot be recovered. That includes .co.uk domains with rights.
If you would like someone else to be able to buy the .uk domain name before the 10th of June 2019 – for example, you may have been asked if you would be interested in selling the domain name to another person or company – you can do this. You will need to register the .uk domain name yourself and then transfer the domain name to the third party. For more information on how to check your rights to a .uk domain, you can contact our customer hotline number.
We'd be happy to help you choose the right product or provide support for existing customers.