Register a .uk domain for your UK website
It's all about U(K)
Launched in 2014, .uk is the latest addition to the UK domain family. Along with .co.uk., .org.uk and .me.uk, it represents your UK identity online.
Looking for an alternative to the traditional .co.uk extension, or want to grow your online presence? Give .uk a try today.
Be more visible with .uk
The .uk domain is a shorter, more concise domain extension for businesses and individuals alike, and delivers the same trustworthiness, reliability and credibility as a .co.uk.
A .uk domain puts emphasis on your online identity – exactly where it should be. Website visitors and customers, will immediately be able to see that you're a UK brand. It's shorter, easier to remember, improves visibility in UK search engine results, as UK domains may rank higher for searches made in the UK.
Get the most out of your .uk domain
- Email: create a professional email address to demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness
- Social networks: claim your .uk domain and connect it to your social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Blog: build your own British blog or WordPress page, and stand out from the crowd
- Redirect: you can forward the .uk domain to your existing website to get more visitors
- Parking: invest in owning your matching .uk domain to protect your business or online identity
.uk domain features
24/7 customer support
Domain expertise at your fingertips
Our personal consultant service won gold for Best Customer Engagement Initiative at the European Contact Center & Customer Service Awards, the largest awards programme in the customer contact industry.
Tailored advice. Tips for online success. Technical support. Available via a direct phone number, chat and email. Free of charge for all IONOS customers.
The same rules also apply to the existing .co.uk and .org.uk domains, with two exceptions:
- Where the registrant is overseas, an address for service in the UK is required.
• A P.O. box is not an accepted address.
Our friendly team would love to help you find the right product, or support you with your existing products.