Register a .uk domain for your UK website
It's all about U(K)
Launched in 2014, .uk is the latest addition to the UK domain family. Along with .co.uk., .org.uk and .me.uk, it represents your UK identity online.
Looking for an alternative to the traditional .co.uk extension, or want to grow your online presence? Give .uk a try today.
Be more visible with .uk
The .uk domain is a shorter, more concise domain extension for businesses and individuals alike, and delivers the same trustworthiness, reliability and credibility as a .co.uk.
A .uk domain puts emphasis on your online identity – exactly where it should be. Website visitors and customers, will immediately be able to see that you're a UK brand. It's shorter, easier to remember, improves visibility in UK search engine results, as UK domains may rank higher for searches made in the UK.
Get the most out of your .uk domain
- Email: create a professional email address to demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness
- Social networks: claim your .uk domain and connect it to your social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Blog: build your own British blog or WordPress page, and stand out from the crowd
- Redirect: you can forward the .uk domain to your existing website to get more visitors
- Parking: invest in owning your matching .uk domain to protect your business or online identity
.uk domain features
24/7 customer support
Domain expertise at your fingertips
At IONOS, you have a dedicated contact person for personalised advice, tips to boost your online success, and technical support. Reach them via phone, chat and email, all at no cost to you as an IONOS customer.
We're always working to improve our customer support, and we're proud to have won several awards. These include Best Customer Engagement Initiative and Best Use of Customer Insight.
More useful options
The same rules also apply to the existing .co.uk and .org.uk domains, with two exceptions:
- Where the registrant is overseas, an address for service in the UK is required.
• A P.O. box is not an accepted address.