Whether it’s a multiplayer game or a podcast project, the Mumble voice chat software is becoming increasingly popular. The open-source solution has an appealingly simple structure without scrimping on functions. Another advantage is that anyone can create their own Mumble server. We’ll explain all the steps of the installation, from choosing the right server package to the final configuration.
Discord has established itself as an alternative to Skype, WhatsApp, and other chat programs, especially among gamers. Creating a Discord account can be done free of charge via the desktop browser or via an app.
Quick guide: Discord signup with desktop
- On the Discord website, click on ‘Login’ (top right).
- Click on ‘Register’ below the sign in button.
- Confirm that you are not a robot via the captcha.
- You will be sent an email to verify your data – confirm it by clicking on the link in the mail.
Quick guide: Discord signup via the app
- Install the Discord app on your smartphone and open it.
- Click the Register button.
- Choose between registering by mobile number or email and enter either one. You will then receive a confirmation code via text or a link via email.
- Enter the code or click the link.
- Complete the Discord registration by clicking ‘Next.’
Discord signup in the browser: step by step guide
Step 1: Open the website www.discord.com and click on the ‘Login’ button in the top right corner.
Step 2: Click on ‘Register’ below the login screen to create a new Discord account.
Step 4: Check the captcha checkbox next to ‘I am human.’
Step 5: You’ll receive an email to verify your details. Click on the the ‘Verify email’ button.
After registration: Discord login via browser or app
Once you’ve registered for Discord, you can also log in via the Discord website in the browser or via the mobile app. The app is available free of charge for Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iOS. You then have access to all your servers, channels, and chats. If you no longer want to use Discord, you can simply delete your entire Discord account and switch to a Discord alternative, for example.