Is your website fully optimised?
What is the Website Checker?
What does the Checker test?
- Website presentation
- Accessibility via search engines
- Website security
- Website speed
How does the tool work?
What aspects of my site are reviewed by the Website Checker?
Be present online
Search engine visibility
- 1 domain included
- 1 email account with 2GB
- Spam filter
- 1 domain included
- 5 email accounts
- Business widgets
Our personal consultant service won gold for Best Customer Engagement Initiative at the European Contact Center & Customer Service Awards, the largest awards programme in the customer contact industry.
Tailored advice. Tips for online success. Technical support. Available via a direct phone number, chat and email. Free of charge for all IONOS customers.
In order to give you a comprehensive picture of the complete performance of your website, you will also see results which highlight the areas that are performing well.
- How long does it take for my website to load?
- Is the content of my website displayed correctly on mobile devices?
- Is the level of security for my visitors sufficient, e.g. in terms of encryption via SSL?
- Is my website visible on major search engines like Google?
If you would like to learn more about submitting URLs to the major search engines, please read the following article: Registering a website and submitting URLs to Google
Unlike other tools, there is also no paid "PRO" version available that would allow you to run a website traffic test. We know the idea is enticing and we might come up with a solution for you in the near future. However, for now, the best thing we can do is refer you to other tools that will get the job done for you.
So here is a selection of free online website traffic checkers:
www.similarweb.com gives you a free estimate of a website's traffic with number of total visits, avg. visit duration, pages per visit and bounce rate on an aggregated level for both, desktop, and mobile web traffic.
www.semrush.com also has a free version of web page traffic stats available. It gives you an overview of organic search traffic, paid search traffic as well as the share of branded vs non-branded searches.
www.alexa.com used to be another great resource to turn to, but now, the service will only let you see data if you sign up for a free trial period.
- Inspect the URL closely. Does it show any signs of manipulation or is it an altered form of the original website?
- Take a close look at the SSL certificate. Make sure it is a https secured website that can ideally be traced back to an organisation or company.
- Does the website indicate that it adheres to the guidelines of certain trust seal providers? Make sure you do not just see images of these security seals (like "Norton"), but that these third parties have actually listed the website you want to conduct business with.
We'd be happy to help you choose the right product or provide support for existing customers.